Once again, the Bay Area Coaching Network (BACN) is excited to offer a series of collaborative meetings for educational coaches throughout the 2014-2015 school year to grow and develop our professional learning community. Meetings will take place four times throughout the school year. Each meeting will have a selected focus topic for the first hour. The second hour will provide a chance for coaches to practice Elena Aguilar’s coaching protocol (from The Art of Coaching by Elena Aguilar) with real time scenarios selected from participants’ experiences by the participants. Please join us for one or all of these meetings and pass the information on to colleagues who might be interested!
TIME: All meetings will take place on Fridays from 10:00 AM-12:00 PM.
- Fri., October 3 Mentor Relationships - facilitated by Jennifer Liu
- Fri., Dec. 12 Meeting Teachers Where They Are: facilitated by Amy Symons Burke
- Fri., Feb 27 Literacy & Math Coaching - facilitated by Andy Hess and Sima Misra
- Fri., May 29 Reflections on the Year - facilitated by BACN Executive Board
LOCATION: Meetings will most likely alternate between Berkeley and San Francisco (to be decided based on sign-ups).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This PLC is designed for
- Instructional Coaches
- Curriculum Coordinators
- Literacy Specialists/Coaches
- Math Specialists/Coaches
- Mentor Teachers
- Intern Supervisors
- Independent Educational Consultants
- Academic Deans
- Division Heads
- Anyone who coaches teachers!
Free for BACN members!
Only $25 to join BACN:
Please consider joining BACN, even if you cannot attend. Benefits of membership:
- Professional Learning Community
- Discounts at All BACN Workshops
- Ongoing Professional Development
Please RSVP for the first meeting on October 3rd online HERE by September 26th.
Pass it on! Feel free to forward this message to others who might be interested.
BACN Executive BoardAmy Symons Burke, Sima Misra, Jennifer Liu, Andrea Hess